Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 1

    In English we're starting a new project called genius hour. Genius hour is a movement that allows students to explore their own passions and encourages creativity in the classroom. It provides students a choice in what they learn during a set period of time during school. For my genius hour I'm learning how to sew clothes.
    I think sewing clothes is going to be a challenge for me because it seems like you need a lot of patience to not just learn, but also do. Another way it might be hard is the choosing of the material. It's hard to find the right material, at a good price, for the clothes you want to make. Its even harder for me because I have a hard time making up my mind. A few days ago I went to JOAANS to get material and supplies, and I took 2 hours picking out the material. I could not make up my mind.
    I'm excited to see what's to come out of not only MY project, but genius hour as a whole. See if other peers accomplished their goals. And maybe I can even create my own wardrobe over time. 

1 comment:

  1. Im also learning how to sew and also want to see if i can make some of my own garments. I hope all goes well for you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete